MBCTA Youth Theatre
Two Classes available – If you want a fun-filled activity then these classes are a great place to start.
You will be working in a theatre with other students who are similar to you in their needs whilst working on fun activities that also build on confidence and communication skills.
Class One – Ages 8-12 Tuesdays 4:30pm – 6pm
- Classes concentrate on a range of skills designed to develop confidence and communication plus develop a love of acting.
- Working in a theatre environment helps students understand what it’s like to work in a theatre.
- The students work on a range of material, from classical or contemporary scripts to improvisation.
- Warm-ups consisting of individual expressive skills exercise, to group games forming part of a drama lesson.
- Students perform twice a year at the end of Term 2 and Term 4.
- Costumes and props (which are supplied) are used for the performances giving the students a sense of the whole theatre experience.
Class Two – Ages 13-17 Tuesdays 6pm – 7:30pm
- Classes concentrate on further developing their acting skills; vocal, physical, movement and facial expressions.
- The aim at this age is to attain a higher standard of performance work that is complete with not only a far greater sense of personal achievement but also a better understanding of how the ensemble works.
- As it is often stated it’s not enough to attend classes but participation needed is of a higher standard; lines must be learnt, each member of the cast is reliant on each other, if one person fails to function, the whole play suffers.
- Improvisation is a wonderful tool to free up the creative brain and this too forms part of the lesson.
Contact MBCTA Youth Theatre
Find out more about Acting classes for Beginners to VCE.